Helping students is what the AAC is all about. We have a variety of resources to help you maximize your studies. Things such as:
- Structured Learning Assistance (SLA)- Structured Learning Assistance sessions normally occur in classrooms near the course classroom instead of a learning center. SLA sessions are open to all students in the course.
Download this brochure for more information.
- Academic Survival Skill Sessions - guidance for academic success at South Suburban College.
- Tutoring - regularly scheduled tutors are available covering a majority of the SSC subjects.
- Computer Lab - interactive tutorials in a number of areas.
- Reading Lab - testing, independent skills lessons, speed reading.
- Community Service - Assistance with word processing for typing papers in Microsoft Word.
- Equipment for Special Populations - an OPTELE 20/20 enlarger and ZoomText are available for the visually impaired. The KURZWEIL 3000 can read any document or book. JAWS is a voice activated computer program for the blind and students with a visual impairment. READ: OUT LOUD reads eBooks out loud. It also has a built-in web browser that reads the Internet. Adjustable workstations to accommodate wheelchairs are also available.
Our staff is always available.
The AAC houses a computer lab with 21 computers and all are networked to the college server.
These computers provide a link to a variety of software tutorials in Math, Reading, and Keyboarding.
Microsoft Office 2013 (Professional Version)