Students, faculty, and staff are able to check out library materials and request materials from other libraries with a South Suburban College library card or a local library card from any of the libraries in these systems. Visit the Circulation Desk in the Library with your college ID to get your library card barcode.
- SWAN - SWAN is a multi-type library consortium of 77 public, academic, and special libraries with a combined collection of 1.4 million titles and 7.9 million volumes. There are 150 languages represented in SWAN’s diverse and comprehensive catalog.
- i-Share (CARLI) - I-SHARE serves as the online public catalog for 86 CARLI (Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois) member libraries that collectively serve the information and research needs of students, faculty, and staff. If you wish to borrow books from CARLI’s I-Share catalog please contact the library’s circulation desk at (708) 596-2000 extension 5751.
- e-Books - All CARLI member libraries can access 29,000 plus e-book titles currently made available in the Humanities and Social Science subject areas. e-Books will have a 7 day loan period. Users may view the content online, download it, or print it. E-books can be borrowed from both on-campus as well as remote sites. To access e-Books:
- you may select South Suburban College from E.B.I. landing page and click the “GO” button.
- You will then be given a prompt to create your own username and passwords to access the collection. All users have to create their own unique username and passwords. There are no restrictions on usernames but passwords must be 8 characters long and must include at least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter and 1 number.