The mission of the South Suburban College Library is to provide high quality resources and services to support learning and teaching at South Suburban College. To serve our academic community, the library teaches students to seek, evaluate, and use information for college success and lifelong learning.
- Access: To provide access to information resources at the main campus and the Oak Forest Center.
- Collections: To build, maintain, preserve, and disseminate collections in a variety of formats to support learning and teaching at the college and the information needs of the community.
- Education: To educate and inform students, faculty, and the community regarding access to information to foster information literacy and promote lifelong learning.
- Facilities: To provide facilities, appropriate to the needs of the college’s primary clientele, which encourage the use of resources in a variety of formats and learning.
- Planning: To anticipate and develop services that respond to the changing needs of users through evaluation and collaboration with faculty members at South Suburban College.
- Training: To provide continuing education and training for library staff to promote excellence and exemplary practice in the profession.
The vision of the South Suburban College Library is to be a vibrant environment where students are encouraged to research, learn, complete coursework, collaborate, and study. The South Suburban College Library wants all students, faculty, staff, and community members to become information literate knowledge seekers who will be able to find, evaluate, and utilize resources in a variety of formats and embrace the library as a point of connection to information.