What is the Construction Business Development Center?
The Construction Business Development Center (CBDC) is focused on developing flexible, customized support and technical assistance to provide small, minority- and women-owned firms in the construction industry with the tools and knowledge to help them grow and succeed.
The CBDC provides one-on-one support to assist your company to compete for and win opportunities to participate as subcontractors and prime contractors as part of the Illinois Tollway’s 15-year, $12 billion capital program, Move Illinois: The Illinois Tollway Driving the Future.
How it works
- Work directly with a Construction Business Specialist who will help create a business profile and action plan
- Create an individualized Technical Assistance Plan:
- Outline technical assistance components of your needs
- Map individual progress toward your goals
- Get to the point of submitting bid packets to the Tollway
- Provide customized technical assistance via one or a combination of:
- Personalized assistance – typically done with a consultant or other entity that has a particular expertise
- Seminars/workshops – could be individual or group offering with both classroom and online availability
- Access to entities with particular expertise.
Technical assistance may include:
- Finance and accounting
- Estimating and bidding
- Doing business with the Illinois Tollway
- How to be successful as a subcontractor
- Tools for technology
- Project management
- Safety and field operations
- Business and marketing plan development
Depending on your needs, the above includes a variety of services such as one-on-one
counseling, workshops, seminars, networking events, and post-training assistance.
For more information please call or complete the CBDC contact form and fax or email it to:
Construction Business Specialist
Construction Business Development Center
South Suburban College