South Suburban College
South Suburban College

Cooperative Agreements & Chargebacks

The College has arranged Cooperative agreements with neighboring community colleges to provide opportunities for students to enroll in career programs not offered at SSC at the in-district tuition rate. Under the provisions of these Cooperative agreements, programs for study in districts other than those specified in these contractual agreements cannot be authorized.

Students seeking to enroll in career programs for study in districts other than those specified under the provisions of these Cooperative agreements, must contact the Dean of Student Development to have a Chargeback approved prior to enrolling in the program. The Chargeback will stipulate the approved programs or courses the student will be allowed to take at the in-district rate.

All requests for permission to attend another college under a Cooperative agreement or Chargeback must be submitted at least 30 calendar days prior to the required registration date. No Cooperative agreements or Chargebacks will be approved retroactively. The in-district rate of tuition shall apply only to coursework required for the program of study approved between the cooperating colleges. Those schools include:

School Address Contact Phone No.
Blackhawk College 6600 34th Avenue Moline, IL 61265-5899 (309) 796-5000
(800) 344-1311
Carl Sandburg College 2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd. Galesburg, IL 61401 (309) 341-5230
Danville Area Community College 2000 East Main Street Danville, IL 61832-5199 (217) 443-8800
Elgin Community College 1700 Spartan Drive Elgin IL 60123-7193 (847) 214-7226
Heartland Community College 1500 W. Raab Road Normal, IL 61761 (309) 268-8000
Highland Community College 2998 W. Pearl City Rd Freeport, IL 61032 (815) 235-6121
Illinois Central College 1 College Drive East Peoria, IL 61635-0001 (309) 694-5100
Illinois Valley Community College 815 North Orlando Smith Ave Oglesby, IL 61348 (815) 224-2720
John Wood Community College 1301 S. 48th Street Quincy, IL 62305 (217) 224-6500
Joliet Junior College 1215 Houbolt Road Joliet, IL 60431 (815) 729-9020
Kankakee Community College P.O. Box 888, River Road Kankakee, IL 60901 (815) 933-0345
Kaskasia College 27210 College Road Centralia, IL 62801 (618) 545-3030
Kishwaukee Community College 21993 Malta Road Malta, IL 60150-9699 (815) 825-2086
Lake Land College 5250 Shepard Road Springfield, IL (217) 786-2243
Lewis and Clark Community College 5800 Godfrey Road Godfrey, IL. 62036 (618) 468-5001
Lincoln Land Community College 5250 Shepard Road Box 19256 Springfield, IL 62794-9256 (800) 727-4161
(217) 786-2200
TDD (217) 786-2798
McHenry County College 8900 U.S. Highway 14 Crystal Lake, IL 60012-2761 (815) 455-8530
Moraine Valley Community College 10900 South 88th Avenue Palos Hills, IL 60465 (708) 974-4300
Morton College 3801 South Central Avenue Cicero, IL 60804 (708) 656-8000
Prairie State College 202 South Halsted Street Chicago Heights, IL 60411 (708) 709-3500
Rend Lake College 468 North Ken Grey Parkway Ina, IL 62846 (618) 437-5321
Richland Community College 1 College Park Decatur, IL 62521-8513 (217) 875-7200
Rock Valley College 3301 N. Mulford Road Rockford, IL 61114 (815) 921-7821
(800) 973-7821
Sauk Valley Community College 173 IL. Rt. 2 Dixon, IL 61021 (815) 288-5511
Fax (815) 288-1880
Southwestern Illinois College 2500 Carlyle Avenue Belleville, IL 62221 (618) 222-5246
Spoon River College 23235 North County Rd. 22 Canton, IL 61520 (309) 647-4645
(800) 334-7337
Waubonsee Community College Route 47 at Waubonsee Drive Sugar Grove, IL 60554-9454 (630) 466-7900

Additional information about Cooperative agreements and Chargebacks may be obtained from the office of the Dean of Student Development.

Residents of South Suburban College District #510 seeking authorization for a Cooperative agreement or Chargeback to attend a program at another college must complete the following steps before their form will be issued.

  1. Complete the South Suburban College Admissions Application . With a target date of Fall 2011, the SSC Admissions Application will only be available for submission through our website For more information, please contact the Admissions Office at (708) 210-5718.
  2. Submit an official high school or High School Equivalency (HSE) transcript to the Admissions Department. If applicable, submit official transcripts from other colleges or universities.
  3. Complete the college Placement test in reading, English and mathematics. Schedule an appointment with a counselor by calling (708) 596-2000, ext. 2306, if you believe you may be eligible for an exemption from testing based upon prior college degrees, credits or placement testing that can be verified by transcripts or student advising reports.
  4. If the Placement test indicates the need for developmental coursework, the required developmental courses must be completed at South Suburban College before any cooperative agreement will be authorized.
  5. If prerequisite courses are required to apply for admission to the career program the student is seeking to enroll in, the student will be required to complete those prerequisite courses at South Suburban College.
  6. Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 as measured at the end of the spring semester.

Following the satisfactory completion of the requirements listed above, a Cooperative agreement or Chargeback will be issued. The student will be required to provide proof of identification and current residency. Only students in good academic and financial standing will receive approval. Completed forms will be returned by mail to the student’s home address.

© 2008 - 2014 South Suburban College · Main Number: (708)596-2000 | Office of Admissions: (708)210-5718
Main Campus: 15800 South State Street, South Holland, Illinois 60473-1200
Oak Forest Center: 16333 South Kilbourn Avenue, Oak Forest, Illinois 60452-4601